Up until now, there hasn’t been a way of knowing which motorcycle rider training schools take your safety seriously, and deliver high quality training based on your needs and those less scrupulous schools that may cut corners to save cost. All Approved Training Bodies (training schools) or ATBs as they are known; are approved to a single basic standard. If you have never undertaken motorcycle rider training before you may not know if your chosen ATB is cutting corners with your training and therefore your safety. By choosing an MCIAC accredited ATB you can be sure that you will receive the level of training you require to ensure that you enjoy your motorcycling safely.
MCIAC Accredited ATBs believe training should be professional, enjoyable and rewarding. Our accredited ATBs are unique in what they offer and how it is delivered. MCIAC ATBs are audited every year by our Assessors who check 43 points within the Management, Quality, Safety and Training Delivery areas of each business.
10 Reasons to use a MCIAC accredited ATB
- Have a customer service pledge which will outline what you can expect from them.
- Will offer you the type of machine you want to ride (automatic or geared) using our bike match promise.
- Offer a professional service which will ensure your learning needs are identified, become the focus of your chosen course, and are paced at a speed to suit your learning.
- Will ensure you receive the mandatory levels of training (such as a minimum of a two hour road ride on your CBT).
- Will submit your details to the MCIAC so we can send you a feedback survey at the end of the course.
- Have undertaken the highest level of Approved Training Body accreditation programme to demonstrate their professionalism, and aspiration to be the best in the industry.
- Are backed by Carole Nash, one of the largest motorcycle insurance companies in the UK. Carole Nash believe (like us) that you will receive outstanding training, and have guaranteed our customers a reduced insurance quote on successful completion of their training.
- Are supported by the best known brands and manufacturers of motorcycles in the UK.
- Are recognised by the Driving and Vehicles Standards Agency (DVSA) as providing higher levels of training.
- Are members of the Motorcycle Industry Trainers Association (a members only organisation for trainers who strive to deliver excellent training).
If you choose to visit an MCIAC accredited training school, you can be assured of a quality experience.
As part of their MCIAC accreditation course our ATBs have shown evidence that:
- The correct insurance policies are in place. Not only is it a legal requirement to have relevant insurance policies but it is vital to protect you the customer, the staff and the training school itself.
- There are suitable facilities. You should have access to a toilet, and carry out any theory elements of the training in a classroom environment.
- They look after your data correctly. While ATBs need to keep details about their customers, your information should be kept securely.
- Vehicles are well maintained and scheduled work is recorded – this is important not only for safety, but also so you have a more enjoyable experience. You don’t want to waste valuable training time on bikes that keep breaking down.
- They have policies and procedures in place to show how they monitor standards. It is important for training schools to keep up to date policies and monitor their procedures so that they can keep on top of their game.
- Rules set by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) are adhered to. These rules specify what needs to be in place in order to offer motorcycle training to customers. MCIAC approved ATBs exceed DVSA minimum requirements.
- The ATB looks regularly at the professional development of staff, which means you will get better quality training.
- The ATB promotes themselves accurately – when they talk about their pass rates it is accurate and transparent.
- Any clothing provided is cleaned before you use it and is in good condition.
The Gold Standard ATB
All MCIAC accredited ATBs are of the highest standard in the country and are constantly monitored for their levels of training and service. Like all businesses however, there are different shapes, sizes and focuses.
The MCIAC GOLD standard is awarded to ATBs who meet all our accreditation requirements but also provide the following:
- All motorcycles used for training customers are less than 5 year old and well maintained by qualified technicians
- Training classrooms which are well furnished, utilise technology to improve the training experience, toilet facilities are within a building, and have separate facilities for male and female use.
- Protective equipment supplied is clean and serviceable with a large range of sizes for male and female use provided.
- High levels of fully DVSA qualified Instructors. (The allowed ratio is 10 part qualified instructors to 1 fully qualified Instructor. MCIAC Gold requires no more than 1:1).