Facilitation Service Bodies (FSBs) are organisations whose businesses are not regulated by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), but offer some form of motorcycle rider training services to the public or to the motorcycle industry itself. This does not include provision of any motorcycle CBT or Full licence acquisition training which is covered by our ATB programme, please click here for more information and our Instructor programme, please click here for more information.
FSB services may be directly delivered through on-road, off-road or on-track training. The accreditation also recognises consultancy services provided directly to manufacturers as part of their marketing or training campaigns.
The MCIAC recognise the importance of the role of FSBs in providing a quality training experience to customers who seek to find a motorcycle rider training experience to meet their riding and development needs. This experience could be conducted on-road, off-road or through on-track training. The MCIAC accreditation process allows FSBs to engage with a Quality Assured Programme delivered by the MCIAC (and quality assured by the Institute of the Motor Industry) which requires achievement of an extensive range of quality control measures and assessment criteria to be displayed. These measures include requirements for the FSB to demonstrate competence in the Management, Quality, Safety and Training of their offers to the public.
For customers the MCIAC accreditation process should be seen as a quality mark where you can be assured of the highest levels of customer experience and training. The MCIACs requirements for successful accreditation also require an independent survey of customers following each training event, which asks for feedback on all aspects of the training experience. This feedback allows the MCIAC and FSB to work together in making any necessary improvements. All FSBs are encouraged to adopt a continuous improvement philosophy within their organisation which should result in the best customer experience possible and value for money for you.
FSBs have demonstrated:
• The correct insurance policies are in place. Not only is it a legal requirement to have relevant insurance policies but it is vital to protect you the customer, the staff and the training school itself.
• There are suitable facilities. You should have access to a toilet, and carry out any theory elements of the training in a classroom environment.
• They look after your data correctly. While ATBs need to keep details about their customers, your information should be kept securely.
• Motorcycles are well maintained and scheduled work is recorded – this is important not only for safety, but also so you have a more enjoyable experience. You don’t want to waste valuable training time on bikes that keep breaking down.
• They have policies and procedures in place to show how they monitor standards. It is important for training schools to keep up to date policies and monitor their procedures so that they can keep on top of their game.
• Rules set by regulatory authorities for the type of training being delivered are adhered to.
• The FSB looks regularly at the professional development of staff, which means you will get better quality training.
• The FSB promotes themselves accurately – when they talk about their training offer it is accurate and transparent.
• Any clothing provided is cleaned before you use it and is in good condition.
The Gold Standard FSB
All MCIAC accredited FSBs are of the highest standard in the country and are constantly monitored for their levels of training and service. Like all businesses however, there are different shapes, sizes and focuses.
The MCIAC GOLD standard is awarded to FSBs who meet all our accreditation requirements but also provide the following:
• All motorcycles used for training are less than 5 year old and well maintained by qualified technicians.
•Training classrooms which are well furnished and utilise technology, toilet facilities are within the building and have separate facilities for male and female use.
• Protective equipment supplied is clean and serviceable with a large range of sizes for male and female use provided.
• High levels of Instructor training and qualification which is recorded, auditable, and appropriate for the service being delivered.
If you are a member of the public and would like to find high quality On-Track Rider Training Please see below:
California Superbike School – Completed – GOLD standard
2280 Silverstone Park
Tel: 01327 855553
If you are a Manufacturer interested in provision of test/demo rides, provision of motorcycle training schemes or motorcycle related consultancy services please see below:
The Motorcycle Experience (UK) Limited – Completed – GOLD standard
PO Box 544
Tel: 07971 569606